Youth Crimes In School

In high schools in British Colombia there are obviously crimes committed but personally I do not think they are very dangerous places. The most common crimes would have to be theft under 10 dollars and violations of a N driving license. For example I can recall numerous people that will drive one extra person to town or home which is illegal. Most other criminal offences are not common because a high school is a reflection of the community it's in. If it is located in a good community then there is less likely of a chance of bad things being done by kids. Also I really don't think kids do as much illegal stuff on school property as they would at home or on a weekend per say. Kids in school know that there are consequences in their actions so if they do commit anything it will be smaller things. For example, it is common for phones and wallets to be stolen in a change room because kids don't think and leave them unprotected. This is called passive victimization which means the victim is being kind of dumb. So in my opinion I really don't think high schools are nearly as dangerous as the rest of the town because of the fact that people are aware of how they can easily be caught and get in trouble in school.

I was not able to find many BC crimes for school violence but the main one I found was a stabbing which resulted in the death of a student. This doesn't show my point but it is basically the only crime done in BC that is discussed. All other crimes done in schools are not very extreme which is why they do not make the news networks. Overall I think public schools are much safer than most other places.

Comments

Popular Posts